Welcome to Texas Work Injury Law Blog
This website is maintained by the Law Offices of Dean Malone, P.C., a Dallas, Texas law firm representing people across Texas for work injury cases. We have attempted to provide useful information for those harmed by work injuries.
Lawyer for Injury Lawsuit: A Roadway Construction Bulldozer Slams into a House in Malta, TexasWednesday, December 10th, 2014
In late November an unusual construction accident occurred in Malta, Texas, that could have easily resulted in a deadly traffic accident or some other tragedy. However, no one was injured as a result of a bulldozer operator suffering a seizure and driving a small bulldozer across two lanes of traffic and into a house. A man was in the house caring for two children, ages 2 and 5, when the bulldozer crashed through the front of it. The home’s occupants were able to safely exit through a back door. The bulldozer operator was transported to a local hospital for treatment related to the seizure. Extricating the bulldozer from the home was a challenge tackled by the Bowie County Sheriff’s Office, the Texas Department of Public Safety, and the New Boston Fire Department.
The possibility that a construction worker operating equipment just inches from traffic could make a mistake is just one of the many reasons highway construction zones are hazardous. The following are construction zone safety tips from the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration (NHTSA):
- Pay attention to flaggers and obey their directions.
- Do not exceed the speed limit in a construction zone.
- Be especially careful about focusing on the road and not getting distracted by other things.
- Leave plenty of room between your car and the one in front of you.
- Stay calm, in spite of the delays.
- Plan ahead so that you give yourself extra time to arrive at your destination.